Remembering Sheena

Stop Animal Abuse in Malaysia.

Friday, February 16, 2007

We Will See You Again, Sheba


Mark Tan's dog Sheba passed away peacefully on January 27, 2007. Mark and his family including his lovely aunty Rani, love animals and it was aunty Rani who was beside Sheba when she died.

Mark is an avid writer to the newspapers, speaking out against cruelty to animals and other campaigns where RSC calls for writers to support our cause.

So RSC would like to publish vignettes of Mark's memory of Sheba and her photo as a eulogy to this wonderful dog who was much loved by the family God had chosen for her here on earth.


In Loving Memory of Our Sheba

By Mark Tan

" Sheba loved to eat my aunt's japanese roses the minute they bloomed in the morning. It used to annoy my aunt. Last night I was touched when I saw my aunt pluck some of those roses and put them on her grave. I'm sure Sheba's is up there in heaven in her big, Japanese Rose garden." -- February 2

"Even when she had arthritis just before her death, Sheba would stand guard over my aunt as my aunt waited for her pick up at the gate. When my aunt returned she would still be waiting. My aunt tried to sneak in once but Sheba knew and was waiting.
"She even knew when I would return from Kuala Lumpur to my aunt's house in Ipoh. She would be waiting at the gate before I arrived." -- February 5

"Sheba is camera shy. So I only have a picture of her here as a pup. Will be going back to Ipoh today for the first time since her death. Don't know how I'm going to feel not having a wet nose to greet me at the gate." -- February 8
"I wont say good bye to her as I'm sure we will meet once again in that place where no shadows fall." -- February 10

"I want to say to you, Sheba, that you have shown me that a dog is the one absolutely, unselfish friend that a man can have in this world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous..you my friend hold true to these words.
"Even though you have entered the doggy door in heaven, I know while enjoying paradise you still keep a watchful eye over Aunty Rani . And when its time for me to join you , I know I won't even have to call out your name , because as always you will know when I am at the gate. I will see you soon enough, my dear." -- February 16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home