Remembering Sheena

Stop Animal Abuse in Malaysia.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Vet Killed My Cat

This complaint below was taken from Allo' Expat Malaysia forum:

We sent our 2 lovely cats and a dog for boarding over the xmas holidays. It was a 2 week holiday. Normally we would have our amah feed the cats at home while we send the dog for boarding if it was just a couple of days, but this was 2 weeks. and our amah was also celebrating x'mas too. so off we sent them to our vet for a two week boarding.

We picked them up as soon as we got home, the vet with a stupid grin sat behind the counter and said 'oh, i have a very interesting story to tell. your cat escaped on x'mas day. but we found him again, killed by our guard dogs.'

I couldn't believe my ears. was he telling us a joke? the method of delivery was so insensitive. 'we don't know how he escaped. there are 35 other cats that time. we have tried our best to take care of him.'

I can't believe it....I still can't believe. I lost my cat over christmas. I can't even write about this. I just want people to know, this can happen in a vet or boarding, and they can treat it like as if its just another thing. He had the nerve to say 'I have 2 other cats, I can give one to you if you want.'.

I can't believe this guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you are in living in Miri, remember this - Live Animals Center. He was grinning while he was delivering the message, and he didn't even have the decency to stand up, walk around the counter to greet us and say 'I'm sorry, I have an unpleasant news.' We asked his wife why was he grinning, she said, he was trying to make it 'light'.

My cat was killed by their guard dogs...in their own words..'we found the carcass on the 27th December'. We didn't receive any calls. Not then, not ever, we learnt the news only on the day we went to pick the pets up.

This is not acceptable! And we souldn't allow such mediocre pet services to go on. I'm sharing this for you lot with pets. I've shared this with other forum and have found out that incidences like this happens all over Malaysia (KL and Penang in particular). SO next time you visit your vet or your pet store, look around the facilities, more important if you're boarding them or having them treated there. Some vets are so laxed and profit driven, with no intent to care for the pets but instead sees them as live/stock animals and nothing more. This vet had the nerve to say 'no problem, we have 2 cats that you can chose and have for exchange.'.

Pet care has a long way to go from those available in UK, states and Australia. Sadly, my cat, Baloo, has suffered the worse. :(

6 Comments:

  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger anonymous said…

    Im sorry for your lost... How could they just offer another replacement for your cat... Dont they know how precious our pets to us...?? And they think they can just offer another cat!? How disgusting!! If I were you, I would SUE those vets!! That is why I dont send my pets to the vet while going somewhere... Instead, Ill just bring them to where ever I go... ^^ Hope you are doing well and have a good day.. ^^
    ps. take care of the rest of your pets, and dont ever let them go to that vets place again... EVER!

     
  • At 5:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    So sorry to hear the sad news. Of course your pet/friend can never be replaced. A vet of all people should understand that! The vet is callous, insensitive, and unprofessional. If there is something equivalent to the Better Business Bureau in your country, I would definitely report the incident. Again, my condolences...

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Ser said…

    Thanks for sharing this story. So sorry to hear about the cat.

    We live in Miri and do not go to Live Animal Centre.

    Instead our vet is from Angel Animal Clinic, Miri, Sarawak. They have excellent staff and good facility.

    I have been boarding my dog in Angel Animal Clinic for the past years and have no problem.

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    I am truely sorry for the loss of your beloved pet. My son trusted his vet. His vet said it was time for his yearly vaccinations. So being a good pet owner, he brought his 'Tito' in for his yearly shots and treatments of flea and tick. Tito is an indoor cat. Has been for 10 years. Why does he need flea and tic meds? Anyway, 45 mins after my son brought Tito home, he began to convulse and colapsed. By the time my son got Tito back to the Vets office, he was dead. My son was devastated. This cat was his buddy! I believe an indoor cat does not need all the drugs a vet perscribes! He was overmedicated. Period. So his vet offered to creamate his pet for free. Nice try. I think there is a lawsuit here. What do you think?

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Blogger Mredina Fradin said…

    Thanks for sharing this post I'm very intersted in this topic.Veterinary Clinic Bentleigh East

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger yanmaneee said…

Post a Comment

<< Home