Remembering Sheena

Stop Animal Abuse in Malaysia.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Bits and Pieces

Hi all,

For those of you who are interested, the case against Sheena's owner, Mr. Lien Chong San, is up for appeal on 2nd December 2005. I'm not sure, but I believe it's at the High Court. We'll get back to you on that.

Introductions now: I'm Daniel, a dog owner and animal lover. I was appalled to have read about Sheena's case in the newspapers in August. For me, I saw a lot of my own dog, Chewby, in Sheena's face (okay, I know Chewby looks happier - as I'm sure she is). Although I'm sure there are much worse situations, maybe even happening right now, Sheena's case struck a cord with me, and I feel galvanised to do as much as I can to ensure that her death and suffering will amount to something.

I wrote in to the newspapers (none were published, although many letters from other readers were), and I began spamming everyone on my address book to sign the petition. Along the way, I got in contact with Shoba, who was just filled with motivation to make a change. She surely has been a fantastic inspiration for the campaign.

I'd like to clarify something regarding the online petition. Many people, whether Malaysians or not, are concerned about including their IC numbers (or passport details etc.) on the petition. The reason why SPCA has asked for this is so that they can show the cabinet how serious the citizens are in making a change, and also to exclude the numbers of people who have signed more than once. If your heart is at peace with this, then do sign online. Otherwise, do sign manually and attend the event in January (details here).

Als0, do share your thoughts with us on the comments links below, or email us. We'll eventually begin to post thoughts and comments of readers on the blog itself.

Thank you.

Daniel

1 Comments:

  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger _butt said…

    A very good move in tribute to Sheena..I'm all for support!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home